oh great, now I'll be talking with a British accent tomorrow.
at least I know how tubes are made, very interesting.
that's a lot of work. I thought I heard some woman screaming around 020:00 something.
Not all vegetables make good leaders.

oh great, now I'll be talking with a British accent tomorrow.
at least I know how tubes are made, very interesting.
that's a lot of work. I thought I heard some woman screaming around 020:00 something.
Sonic Barbarian
They developed refined, and perhaps superior processes for treating and coating parts, and took additional steps that other companies did not. Many Mullards, Dutch made Amperex, and German Telefunken tubes will last indefinitely, maybe forever if they're used only in healthy gear and operated well within their limits. If only i could still get excited about them.
Here's how your modern JJ/Tesla tubes are made, the owner is hard to understand and some folks will remember the bad batches of Tesla/JJ tubes that were out there in the late 90's. At one point you hear him saying something about the supplier of the mica's using a different process or coating without any notice:
Not all vegetables make good leaders.
Very cool video. I knew the names of the different parts inside a tube, but had never seen the whole assembly process. A lot goes into making them! Its pretty amazing how much hand assembly there was. I guess it makes sense with how small the parts are.
I have owned some of the Blackburn Mullards, but like Bowtie, I got out of tubes. I can buy a nice Ashly amp with the proceeds from 3 or 4 Mullards![]()
Bookmarks